Monday, April 4, 2011

Pt. 8

...Hoboken, where my mother lives.  She'll give you provisions, and tell you where to get the best hoagies before you start the next leg of your quest.  She'll also tell you what a hoagie is."  Brother Platinum then turned abruptly, shot one pointed finger high in the air and left without another word.

Bo considered everything that had just transpired, how one moment he could be alone in his room and an instant later, Brother Platinum materialized out of thin air, red-faced and talking crazy about something called "a hoagie".  How one day, he was telling him to continue fishing in the forbidden pond, and then next was sending him on quests to New Jersey with a dirty guitar and a braided lock of hair from an aged rock star.

"You know what?" Bo mused to himself, "this place is kookier than a short stack of drunk hookers."

The next day, Bo was on the first bus to New Jersey.  Brother Platinum's mother, Midge, met him at the bus stop in Hoboken, two days later.  He felt like a bag of garbage and smelt nearly as bad, but she still snatched him up in a tight embrace as though she'd known him for years.  After getting showered, fed and catching a good night's sleep, Midge handed him some money and a backpack full of freshly cleaned clothing - along with some other items hidden in the pockets.

He was on his way to Philadelphia, because

8 comments:

Nadia said...

This story is hilarious!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks Chick-a-rina!

Darryl said...

I didn't really like where the forbidden pond thing was going, and we seemed fairly agreeable on the Barry Gibbs thing, so I am interested in seeing where that goes. Besides, I think we ought to leave slimy demons with great breath-holding abilities alone.

Unknown said...

It's cool. I'm just obsessive compulsive about explaining why something changed, even if it's not really an explanation. I'm GERMAN. That should explain 80% of the weird shit I do. The other 20% you can make up in your own head. :)

Darryl said...

Huh. Apparently I became illiterate last night, because I definitely did just realize that my part came right out of left field.

In my defence, I had an outrageously long and dragged out day prior to writing it, but I felt guilty as hell for waiting so long to write an update.

Thanks for doing your best to save my ass.

Unknown said...

Don't worry your spiky head about it. We can't be expected to brain every day. Besides, now that we're this far into the story, nobody should feel as though they have to get their part up RIGHT after someone else does.

The Militant Working Boy said...

Just throwing my brain's obscure two cents in there as well... the slimy breath holding creatures are fish and therefore not important enough to be given a second thought anyway.

Darryl said...

Actually, I kind of figured out that tidbit all on my own. Shocking, I know.