Friday, April 1, 2011

Pt. 3

n image of Jesus' face. Bo stared at what appeared to be an ordinary pond rock, slimy and damp from the time spent nestled in a bed of water plants, and sure enough, it was the face of Jesus, plain as day, that smiled back at him.
"Great galloping gorillas!" he muttered, pleased with his spontaneous alliteration. He all but forgot his fishing pole, as he raced to show Father Platinum his find.
"Sweet Jesus!" exclaimed the monk when Bo handed him the artifact. "My dear child! If my eyes don't deceive me... you've found a common stone emblazoned with the handsome features of Barry Gibb!"
"Actually, brother," said Bo, a little sheepishly, "I was thinking it looked something like Jesus."
"Oh no, dear boy!" Boomed the brother, his eyes twinkling from behind his lemon-yellow sunglasses, "'tis Barry to be sure! Of course, our lord and savior does bear a striking resemblance to this dazzling deity of disco, but no, I would recognize ol' Barry from atop a flying camel at a distance of fifty yards. My dear, dear little ferret, this is quite a magnificent specimen! Wherever did you acquire it?"

11 comments:

Darryl said...

I'm caught in a state of limbo between seething with jealousy over masterminding such a project, and convulsing with the anticipation of comedy this holds.

Unknown said...

Yer just jellis of our weave.

Darryl said...

Inviting me to this project has fundamentally compromised the ability of this story to produce comedy.

I endeavour to steer this in a direction that is both succinct and factual.

The Militant Working Boy said...

Wonderful! As you can well observe from parts 1-3, our main goal is to provide a source of educational entertainment for our massive preteen readership. We dearly hope that you can comply with our wishes to better the morale of the next generation of leaders by keeping content family-friendly unless absolutely necessary.

The Militant Working Boy said...

In case you couldn't tell, that last comment was the extent of my April Fool's day celebration.

Unknown said...

I hope you didn't pull something.

E. Studnicka said...

I can assure you, I spent a full ten minutes splayed out on the floor convulsing with laughter after that.

Darryl said...

So...family friendly isn't a requisite?

Darryl said...

Sorry, I wasn't really paying attention. I'm captivated by this slice of leftover pizza in front of me.

louise said...

all of your comments are quite entertaining too!

Unknown said...

Your comment's pretty nice. I like it. But I'm probably partial.