Monday, April 4, 2011

Pt. 7

the mysterious and ambiguously diabolical secret that the whole of 70's contemporary rock holds. It is a magical lock of Barry Gibbs' corn row-ed hair. It will guide you on your journey." Bo regarded this plot-defining revelation with a perfectly void stare; Brother Platinum suspected for a moment that the young monk may have suffered from acute leucotomy.

Brother Platinum's face developed a colour that could only be described as "aggravated burgundy;" his intricately styled afro diffracted the glow faintly. It was really quite a sight to behold.  If this weren't enough, the Brother frowned to further corroborate his frustration for Bo's absentmindedness but quickly got his priorities in order.

"Bo, I must explain something very important to you. Under the intricately sequined and fabulously bedazzled cloak of the smooth 70's rock scene, there exists an endlessly convoluted web of lies, sex, guile, drugs, sleaze, and roll."

Bo considered this for a long while. His mind wandered briefly to a grade school sweetheart, and he considered whether she may still be single, but quickly resumed his quiet contemplation that the implications of the Brother's heed held. Bo carefully crafted his response, and began slowly, "Jiminy Cricket! That sounds dangerously scandalous...but where is the rock?" A smug look flickered across his face as he considered what a blazing success his exclamations have been so far.

Consecutively, a refreshing wave of approval washed over Platinum's weathered, yet brilliantly maintained face. "Yes, my dear boy," he warmly reassured, "that is precisely the dilemma. We monks, for countless generations, have secretly tended to the sanctity of rock and roll." The Brother had obviously broken through, because the gaze afforded by Bo's pure captivation from this tale breathed what could be mistaken for a look of sentience in his eyes, a rare occasion to be sure. "Now, we monks truly believe you are the chosen one to follow the valiant path of saving rock and roll." Bo sighed heavily. "Young Bo, your journey must start immediately. It will be dangerous to go alone, take this," and reached for a tattered axe fashioned with a sound-hole and a set of grimy-looking guitar strings. "It's an axe². Your destiny rests at the end of a long and arduous paths of arbitrary evil. You must first head East towards

21 comments:

Darryl said...

Folks, I think I just made this story take a turn for the absurd.

Unknown said...

You went all cornrow of destiny on us.

The Militant Working Boy said...

I always knew Barry Gibb's hair was magical.

Darryl said...

Someone really ought to edit this idiot's gibberish.

Unknown said...

That's so third person of you.

Darryl said...

Quit judging me, Nico.

Unknown said...

Remarking, not judging. If you'd like to be judged, I can pencil you in for tomorrow. ~licks pencil lead, makes face~

Darryl said...

Do you lick a lot of lead? This may offer some insight about you.

Unknown said...

~glare~

Darryl said...

Ohhh, I'm getting all tingly.

Unknown said...

I'm using the wrong glare, then.

Unknown said...

It should be tickly, with a side of burn.

Darryl said...

The wrong glare?

Are you?

Unknown said...

Am I ...? A man? No. Although I did just read what I wrote, and I suppose it does that way.

Unknown said...

*sound.

Darryl said...

Using the wrong glare. I asked if you were using the wrong glare. I'm questioning your motives.

Unknown said...

I'm a glare bear on the fritz. I'm having a weird day. Clearly.

Darryl said...

Every day is weird for me.

Also, I might die tomorrow. If you haven't heard back from me in 24 hours, call the internet authorities and consider me dead.

Unknown said...

NO DYING!

(Are you doing something stupid, requiring a helmet?)

Darryl said...

Nothing requiring a helmet is ever stupid.

I just started a new, second job and the days are very long and the work is mind-numbingly repetitive. Also, the shift starts at 4:30 in the am.

Kill me. No, wait, my job will do that for me.

Unknown said...

Bummer!