Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Part 30

Our young hero gulped hard, sweat washing over his face like salty spring rain. Growing up, he had heard tales of the mystical Bowie castle, stories of children being taken away in the night to the lair and having eyeballs torn painfully from their sockets, only to be replaced by elegant and undoubtedly very expensive jewels. Stories of having your flesh stripped and re-upholstered with bizarre and vibrantly patterned animal pelts. Stories of martian arachnids eating your face, leaving behind only the shape of a lightning bolt. It was a god awful large affair.

Bo sighed, "It's like a labyrinth in here," looking around quizzically. No sooner did the words escape his sweaty, grease-stained lips than did a brilliant puff of rainbow-colored, glittery smoke fill the area directly in front of our travellers. Through it walked an androgynous, tanned snow-white, and fashionably-minded being with a hairstyle that obviously never got the memo that the 80's was over.

"Greetings" the figure bellowed, shaking the very foundation they all seemed to be standing on. He gazed upon Bo and K Jax with a discriminating air. His once solemn glare brightened, seeming pleased with what he saw and confirmed it with a gleeful "Oh, you pretty things! You must come in. How I do loooOooove having guests over!" A weary wave of relief cautiously washed over our heroes, and although Tom didn't consciously know it, he had wished something more substantial would wash Bo.

"M-Mr. Bowie.." began Bo, only to be interrupted, "Please, my boy, call me Ziggy, or Starry D. Mister Bowie is my dad's name. He was a knife. He split up with my mother, no pun intended. It's a miracle I'm even here today!" Bo was briefly disgusted by the implications this carried and secretly hoped that the whimsical man would not make any further attempts at punnery. As his mind was slowly congealing this thought, Ziggy gasped and flounced, "What do you mean you didn't like my pun? It seems my taste in puns is not so sweet. Very well, I'm just happy to have you here! Come, join me for some light snacks!" With snacks now on his mind, Bo vibrated happily.

Kangy and Bo followed their host through winding corridors made completely of what appeared to be cocaine-brick and mortar, up flights of stairs that clearly harboured no interest in obeying the laws of physics, through a room with two doors each manned by one of two identical and equally irritating guards, across an unimaginably large snowflake, and into Ziggy's living room, which was large and very-much forgotten by the 1970's. In fact, it was so much so that even the shag carpet was velour. 

"Now," exclaimed the oddity who very well may have been from space, "I understand that you fellows would like to be heroes, even if for just one day."

28 comments:

Madeline Hammersmark said...

I am very pleased with all the Bowie references in this entry.

Unknown said...

Indeed, indeed. Thick with Bowie. Crammed with Bowie.

Unknown said...

I've been thinking about it, and since this would be the beginning of my turn, I wanted to officially request some indefinite time off to deal with my computer explosion issue.

I just received the contents of my hard drive today and I have a boat (or butt) load of Sims story writing to catch up on, organizing of data, not to mention everything I'll have to do to get my game family back intact. I have the back-ups, but there's other issues that I hadn't anticipated that are too detailed and boring to go into (involving custom content, patterns and how that might affect the new house I just built) with people who don't even play the game. Your mind would go blank, two seconds before it melted, basically.

I've been on pins and needles worrying about my Legacy family since July 7th, so I don't think I'd be able to deal with anything else now that I finally have everything I need to possibly fix it. Naturally, once I get reasonably under control, I'll pop my stupid head back up and squeak or something. I might fart. Just a warning.

E. Studnicka said...

I must admit, this may be my very favorite part thus far.

Darryl said...

That means so much coming from you, mwb. I wasn't sure how I felt about this part after I wrote it. I look forward to reading what you have to write about Bowie

Madeline Hammersmark said...

IS THIS BOARD DIED?

Unknown said...

I communicated at the begging of my turn, but I don't know if MWB read my comment or what.

E. Studnicka said...

Oh, sorry, did you want me to take your turn? I just thought that was a heads-up that this one was going to take longer than normal. If you want me to take over for you, let me know.

Unknown said...

Well, I was saying I wasn't going to be able to write indefinitely, because I'm not sure how long it will take to get caught up to where I want to be.

Should we not post this kind of stuff here ON the story? I just thought that putting it where everyone could see it would make it easier, especially if the rest of you guys wanted to discuss it who had the time or desire to take the next turn.

Darryl said...

don't you think it might be crowding the hoardes of people clambering to spew forth their insightful commentary about our skillfully crafted story?

Unknown said...

Alright, well do you have an alternate place to try to reach everyone at the same time, which also allows discussion? I'd hate for you to ever miss one single message regarding your intense awesomeness.

Darryl said...

my sagan, you simply just do not detect my sarcasm, do you.

Unknown said...

Did you not detect MINE? I think you need to flick the dials on your sarcasm and irony detecTORS.

I wish I had a hoagie. That is not meant sarcastically or ironically.

E. Studnicka said...

OK, can somebody explain to me what we are talking about and whose turn it is? Are we not posting this on the story?

That Blond Guy said...

Ow hot stuff!!!

Unknown said...

Darryl was just giving me a hard time.

Darryl said...

HA, mwb is seldom the CONFUSEE. how does it feel to be de-throned as KING KONFUSER the IIIrd, Esquire?!

E. Studnicka said...

Au contraire, my dear Darryl. Confusion is the very oil lubricates my finely-tuned cranium in order to keep it running smoothly. It is chocolate scented and strawberry flavored and goes smashingly well with waffles.

E. Studnicka said...

TBG- Why thank you! I do take great pride in my scorchingly debonair good looks.

Darryl said...

In that case, I'd like to bust open your brain-hole, hold you over a giant plate of waffles and harvest your delicious, delicious waffle oils. Perhaps I could scoop up some of your gray matter and spread it over my toast like fluffernutter or whatever the hell you people were going on about, and a dash of eyeball juice like salt for my hashed-browns. Which part of you produces the bacon, mwb?

E. Studnicka said...

Darryl, every part of my body is MADE of 180% real live bacon harvested from the finest cows the world has to offer. I was hand sculpted by the magical bacon gurus of Mt. Mystical and brought to life in a special ceremony that only takes place once every five hundred and fifty five years, during which my body was held over an open fire and liberally doused with syrup and the bodily fluids of my people's animal sacrifices.

Unknown said...

Beef bacon? I don't know about that, but I am definitely interested in the waffle oils.

E. Studnicka said...

Yes, Nico, Beef bacon. I am the only place on earth that supplies it. After I die, I shall be disassembled and sold for absolutely horrendous amounts of money to people like Darryl.

Unknown said...

I can't wait. I plan to live forever, as a cranky old lady with my best friend Bunny Walker. We'll shake some of your beef bacon at the neighborhood children to terrorize them. It's be fairly grand.

E. Studnicka said...

WHOSE TURN IS IT?!

Unknown said...

PROBABLY YOURS. :P

Darryl said...

mwb, your words spoken to me, they ring like music through my cranium; music of a trio, nay, quartet of instruments crafted from the finest meats and animal parts Mother Earth has to offer, and almost certainly some that she doesn't. Decadent like sacrificing a thousand virgins in the name of extra cream-cheese icing atop a steaming cinnamon bun. Hedonic like having a fresh cup of swiss coffee being delivered to you via hypersonic jet every morning, straight to your kitchen table from the swiss alps and the hands of a child labourer grinding the beans for you, simply because you can taste the child's sorrow and it permits a smoother aftertaste.

Unknown said...

Tell us what it's like when she screams in your face with sugary sweet donut breath. Or bowl of cheese breath.