Saturday, July 16, 2011

Part 29


“Bo” Said Tom Jones, shaking the overweight monk. “BO! Wake up! You must have taken too many vicodin! You fell asleep before I could finish my thought!”
“Wha…what?” Bo said groggily as he forced his eyes to open.  Everything was a bit blurry at first as his eyes slowly went into focus.
“You must have been having a bad dream about an all you can eat buffet that ran out of food, because..”
“What? What’s going on? Where are we?”  Bo looked down to see the box full of his ingredients now seeping through the sides of the box. “Wait…so we aren’t about to have our souls eaten by some cloaked figure with poor English”
“Boy…you are crazy like a shoe” Tom belted out in a sort of sing-songy black preacher man voice.  Bo looked at the singer puzzled, then remembered that Tom was about to reveal the secrets of the box.
“Kangaroo Jim! Tell me, what did the box show you!”
“Oh…right….thaaaaaaaat” Tom whispered ominously.  They sat there in silence as the now hungry Bo was staring at Tom, wishing for him to get on with his thought so they could have lunch. About thirty seconds later, Bo blurted out
“Tom! Will you just spill it! I’m famished!”
“Oh really? What’s new, pussy cat?”  Pleased with himself, Tom ripped open his shirt to expose his chest hair.  He opened his mouth to sing, but before he could even take a breath, Bo bellowed
“DAMN IT TOM! WE DON’T HAVE MUCH TIME!  Repeat to me what you were going to say before I passed out!”  Tom crept closely to the edge of the bed where Bo lay and said
“Your precious missing jar is inpossible to find without the help of David Bowie”
“Tom, I’m pretty sure it’s pronounced IMpossible”
“No no no, my dear boy.  INpossible.   This is David Bowie we’re talking about.  It’s inpossible with the help of Bowie”
“What” Bo snarled out “You just said it was impossible without his help!”
“No, I said INpossible.  With Bowie, everything seems possible, and nothing is what is seems!”
“I don’t even…whatever….can we just get some lunch and head out?”


The next day, they approached David Bowie’s castle.  It was covered in glitter with sharp towers that seemed to have no way in or out.
“Wait” Tom said, reaching into a bag. “You can’t enter The Bowie Kingdom without these”  He handed Bo a pair of tight leather pants and instructed them to put them on.  

A few minutes later, the pair of tight leather clad men were walking through the front door.
 When Bo saw what lay before them he began to nervously sweat.  The two men were faced with a myriad of stair cases.  Some leading up, some leading down, some that had no real purpose at all.  The thing that baffled Bo the most were the stair cases that were upside down.  
“Well” Tom started “Where would you like to start?”

11 comments:

E. Studnicka said...

WOO HOO! Thanks for pullin' your weight, sista'! I knew Bo could count on you.

Madeline Hammersmark said...

Haha, sorry it wasn't up yesterday. My neck has been a BITCH lately. You can ask Nico. I've been boring her with the painful details every day.

Unknown said...

She's allowed to bore me, she's extracting the essence from my hard drive so I can continue writing my stories.

I giggled.

Madeline Hammersmark said...

I find the hardest part of writing these, is wrapping it up for the next person to take over.

Unknown said...

Getting started is my problem.

Madeline Hammersmark said...

So.....Darryl?

Unknown said...

Okay. I will send him an e-mail. If I don't hear back from him by tomorrow afternoon, I'll come back here and announce that I'll take this turn.

Madeline Hammersmark said...

Deal.

Darryl said...

oh, snap! did I really miss my turn by that much? I've been away on holiday. I can't say much, but I will say this: Dinosaurs.

Darryl said...

I'll whip up something fantastic this eve.

Unknown said...

I think he's saying he got psoriasis.